Where do people prefer to avail of medical tourism services as of August 2013? With the advent of technology and scientific innovation, more and more countries are opening their doors to medical tourism. Here are just a few countries that are chosen by many.
Countries Picked by Many as Their Ideal Medical Tourism Destination for 2013
- Thailand. The country is known for offering a wide range of health care services, especially for those who wish to undergo sex change operations. Though the procedures are less expensive than what you will get in the U.S., 2013 saw a greater decrease in the prices so a procedure in the U.S. can cost up to 70% cheaper when performed in Thailand.
- Mexico. About one million patients go to this country for medical tourism. Most of these are after famous procedures like dental and weight loss surgeries.
- United States. Most patients still prefer to seek medical care and services in the U.S. especially for difficult health related cases. Part of their reason for choosing the U.S. is the presence of most of the world’s renowned medical specialists who possess experience and expertise in treating difficult medical condition.
- Singapore. The country is also sought by many for its medical tourism is characterized by a sophisticated health care system. Singapore is popularly visited by international patients in need of cancer treatment.
- India. Medical tourist travel to India for a coronary artery bypass graft surgery among many other complicated medical operations
- Brazil. Tourists do not just go to this country for merry making but also for plastic surgeries. Brazil houses more than 4,000 trained and licensed cosmetic surgeons. A nose job in Brazil can cost 60% cheaper when compared to getting it in the U.S.
These are just six of the top countries where medical tourism is booming.
In the end, it is still up to you to choose which offers the most advantageous services in medical tourism. If you are planning to avail of medical care outside of the country, where do you think will you go based on those top medical tourism destinations chosen by many? Post your comments below.
Until Next Time,