As you would have not thought, just according to statistics, nearly 750, 000 US residents take a trip to other country for the purpose of health care and medication each year. This almost three-fourth million people who travel abroad in support for medication barely believe that such treatment into a great extent much cheaper in another country via medical tourism, and it is a valid rationalization to do so.
Now, if you likewise planning to undergo medical tourism for treatment intention, then this website would be of great help for your desire before going on.
· Consult first your medical practitioner. If you are planning to go abroad for medical purposes, be sure to consult first your trusted medical practitioner or your family doctor. Your trusted doctor will discuss to you some pointers you must remember and consider before taking a trip.
· Communicate with your agent before going at least 2 months before your trip and if possible, make it a personal communication so that your agent will give you details and information regarding of the things you availed on medical tourism industry.
· Have a background check on the medical institution you will be lied on. Check their procedures as well as the credentials of their institution for you to be safe and sound in the duration of the treatment.
· Have your plan B, another plan that will make things up if something goes wrong in the midst of treatment procedure. Make your plan be supported by legal actions and settlement so just in case a terrible problem took place, you are insured.
· Find out the customs and traditions together with the language of the country of where you will go so that you can study how you can communicate with the nurses and doctors there; in order to find out details along with the result of the procedure.
· Get hold of your local medical records together with your medical history, medicine, vitamins as well as your doctor’s prescription so that you can present it to the medical practitioner who will handle the procedure in the duration of your treatment.
· Prepare yourself as a whole – emotionally, physically, spiritually, mentally and financially of course. Decide if you really want to go or else bring the idea of acquiring medical tourism into an end.
· Last, if the procedure become successful, don’t forget to bring all the documents you need before going home. Documents like copies of procedure treatment, medicine and prescription just like you prepare all of such before travelling abroad.
Listed above are the basic reminders you shall consider before saying “Yes” to medical tourism practice and avoid malpractice. Perchance, these things lend a hand to be prepared and get organized before going abroad for medical intentions.